- User personas are fictional users representative of our intended users which we can reference to inform and validate our design
- User personas help you design with a clear vision of your intended audience/user in mind (helps you give shape to your user base)
User Personas should include:
- Other details germane to the product e.g. behaviour problems, goals, skills, attitudes, their context/environment
Factors to consider:
- Who will be using the interactive (large vs small audience: who is your core and fringe audience)
- What devices are your audience intending to use?
- How users will use your interactive (users who want to browse vs. users who want specific content)
- What thoughts people form around a thought or activity
- If the interface were a person, what would they be like?
- How would you expect users to react when they first view the product?
- How would you describe this product to a friend?
- How is the product different from competitors?
- Which celebrity (or car or movie, etc.) is the product most like/least like and why?