Interactive Design is the creating of interactive products that connect user and to technology to information
Interactive Designers have 3 questions they have to answer:
- How do you do?
- How do you feel?
- How do you know?
- Various disciplines and design practices contribute to interactive design. They each frame the tasks differently
- relating to a program that responds to user activity
- working together so the total effect is greater than the sum
Common interactions throughout the day: face to face, online shopping, vending machine, phone call
- Different activities have different levels of engagement and abilities to react to us e.g. vending machine is less reactive and less engaging but a conversation is more reactive and more engaging
- Data -> Information -> Knowledge -> Wisdom
5 Key Design Areas in the field of Interaction Design
- Information Architecture
- Time and Motion